Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Musings [13]: My Week in Pictures & New Books

Two birds one stone - I stumbled upon The Sunday Post Meme hosted by the lovely Caffinated Book Reviewer & the Stacking The Shelves meme hosted by the awesome Tynga's Reviews! It is quite similar to what I'm doing here with my Sunday musings - recapping the week in book blogging universe as well as letting you guys know about what books I bought or received.

The BloggityBLOG this week played host to the book It's A Wonderful Death By Sarah J. Schmitt. And no I was not sponsored in anyway to do postings or what not for it - I genuinely am so excited for its release in the Fall! The book made me think a lot about the ole' question, would you turn back time to correct the past mistakes you've made knowing that your entire life presently would be altered? It's a crazy concept that is always fun to think about! Hop over to my Tuesday post if you want to talk more about this topic ;P In other my life news, I spent the latter part of my week away in Waterloo with some of my best friends. Sort of having our annual summer hang out. It's hard to keep in daily contact with these people because we're miles away from each other and we lead very different and chaotic life styles! It 'twas a blast to see these people again and a good humbling reminder that distance is but a number! An accomplishment for the week was getting my Korean Food craving satisfied! I took my momma out to one of my favourite Korean restaurants, Owl of Minerva. Seriously, any readers out there in the Toronto area you've got to check this place out if you like Korean food! The best pork bone soup out there!


Random news - I went to a Mariana's Trench Concert this past Wednesday is was freaking unbelievable! I left not feeling my legs and filled with such epic vibes! I love the band and their music. They played a couple songs off their new album which is set to be released in October this year. It's my most anticipated album of the year! Forever love these boys! Definitely give them a listen, they harmonize like nobody else! (Their sound is on the same wave length as Fall Out Boy?) Canadian band too so I got to love them out of National Pride!

Posts From The Past Week:


      


Happening This Week:

Review: The Intern's Handbook By Shane Kuhn

NEW Books added to my shelf this week:

     

Two new books this week! Both were bargain buys so that is AWESOME! The first is Lola and the Boy Next Door by the highly talked about Stephanie Perkins. It is the original cover or an alternative cover I believe. At first I didn't recognize that it was the book by Perkins! Second book is Burning by Elana K. Arnold. The synopsis intrigued me because on one side we have a boy who's stuck in a small town but has his eyes set on getting out and on the other hand, there is a girl born into a gypsy life who want's nothing but a small town where she can tie her roots down. Their lives are so intriguing together so I'm super happy about this pick-up!

~

BOOKstagram #JulyBookChallenge:
  
     

Day 12: Books that Inspire You/Day 13: Favourite Duology
      
      
Day 14: Shelfie/Day 15: Rainbow Stack of Books

~

That's it for now lovelies♥ Let me know how your week went in the comments below ;)

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING &SUNDAY!
-SHERRY

6 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you like Lola - I love that whole series!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I hope you enjoy Lola and the Boy Next Door. I loved Anna!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Burning looks really good! I've never heard of that one but the cover is gorgeous! Lovely Bookstagram photos! :D I hope you have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a pretty good reading week but love your Bookstagram photos. I must add the hashtag so I can check it out from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get better about Instagram. Maybe next month I'll actually finish one of the challenges. :-)
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of the Intern's Handbook, will check it out!

    Have a great week!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete