Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [14]: Relationships & All the Ugly Jazz

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:
The Intern's Handbook By Shane Kuhn

(I know, I'm still reading through this one!) Anyhow, this book has brought my attention to a lot of relevant and relatable topics surrounding oneself and I LOVE THAT! This is definitely a book that is loads of fun and smart at the same time! Although it is a thriller and doesn't necessarily match today's topic at hand, it sparked my thoughts on it! 

What I wanted to share with you guys this week is the idea of dating. I 'm constantly wondering if I'm ready to date around, if I'm able to have fun and put myself out there and not take things too seriously or just why haven't I met somebody yet. Every book on my shelf is a romance almost, contemporary YA or new adult or something along the lines. I'd like to say I'm somewhat of a romantic? Frankly, after reading ANY book I think about romance and love and falling in it. I guess the point of the topic is when do you know if you're ready to date and how do you go about doing it? This is starting to sound sad on my behalf doesn't it? I'll share a little bit of my personal story with you guys to help you understand where I'm coming from with this week's TT&T. My first relationship I entered, ended with the guy I was seeing leaving me for someone else he was also seeing at the same time (he cheated, and if you're reading this ____ I hate what you did to me and you can go throw yourself off a cliff). It sucked and took me quite a looooooong while to bounce back into myself again and still to this day I believe I am emotionally scarred from it. Having it be my first relationship it really skews my idea of it all. Maybe it fuels my love of book romances I don't know. This weeks topic means a lot to me and if anyone out there needs a confident or someone to talk to about anything similar, shoot me an email! I'm more than happy to talk to a fellow romantic ;) We're all in this together?

Add a link to your response OR just leave a comment below on this week's Tuesday Thoughts&Talks!

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative experience, you're certainly better off not being with someone who is so deceitful! But yes by all means, if you're ready to date again it can be fun!

    ReplyDelete