Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [16]: Loyalty Doesn't Exist?

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:
Something Borrowed By Emily Giffin

It's always hard to talk to people or friends about loyalty to one another. I'd like to think that I'm a decent friend, one who is honest no matter the circumstance but where my loyalties tend to fall are constantly changing based on circumstance. I remember when I first read the book Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, I was maybe too young to grasp the full depth of the relationships and feelings but now that I'm a little older, I see the relationships that were in the book a little differently. To give those a little info on what I'm going on about today, there are two best friends in Something Borrowed, one of whom is engaged and about to get married. One night the non-engaged friend hooks up with the fiancé of the best friend and then launches the entire story of how it all gets sorted out. I'm definitely not doing this story justice and painting a very skewed idea so just do us both a favour and read it when you get the chance ;) Anyways, what I wanted to discuss this week was the idea of loyalty to someone. Is loyalty a lie we let ourselves believe in? I asked this because when it comes to instincts or primal needs or various other reasons, loyalties become very transparent. From my own experiences and from seeing the relationships close by me, I find it hard to believe in the idea of 'loyalty' to someone. Let's discuss this further, let me know your thoughts down below in the comments!

Add a link to your response OR just leave a comment below on this week's Tuesday Thoughts&Talks!

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment